Residential Licenses & Permits

All residential permits and forms can be found in the document center below.  If you need help figuring out which permit you will need, please contact Town Hall at 843-537-7283.

If you are making additions to your property, you will need to submit a plot plan or site plan with your building permit application.  For instructions on how to create a plot plan, please click here.

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category

Residential Licenses and Permits13 documents

  • Authorization Letter
    document Header Authorization Letter
    Contractors performing work on a home need a signed authorization letter from the property owner before work can commence.
  • Bank Draft Authorization Form
    document Header Bank Draft Authorization Form
    This form is to allow the Town to draft water bill payments from your bank account.
  • Board of Architectural Review Application
    document Header Board of Architectural Review Application
    A certificate of appropriateness is required before working in the historic district.
  • Building Permit
    document Header Building Permit
    A building permit is required whenever you build, renovate, or alter your property.
  • Chicken Permit Application
    document Header Chicken Permit Application
    Raising chickens can be a fun activity, but chickens within Town limits are regulated by certain rules and conditions.
  • Disclosure Statement
    document Header Disclosure Statement
    SC Law requires you to file a disclosure statement if you are acting as your own contractor on residential work.
  • Electrical Permit
    document Header Electrical Permit
    An electrical permit is required when electrical work is being done to your home.
  • Fence Permit Application
    document Header Fence Permit Application
    A fence permit is required before any new fence can be installed in the Town of Cheraw.
  • Lawn Sprinkler System Connection Form
    document Header Lawn Sprinkler System Connection Form
    Have a lawn sprinkler system?  Use this form to connect it to the Town water supply.
  • Mechanical Permit
    document Header Mechanical Permit
    A mechanical permit is required when work is being done on home mechanical systems like heating and air.
  • Plumbing Permit
    document Header Plumbing Permit
    A plumbing permit is required when plumbing work is being done on your home.
  • Water and Sewer Connection Form
    document Header Water and Sewer Connection Form
    Form to request connection of water or sewer
  • Yard Sale
    document Header Yard Sale
    A yard sale permit is required to have a yard sale.  There is no fee to obtain a permit.