Commercial Licenses & Permits

Business LicenseCheraw Business License Download

License are issued for anyone operating a business inside the Town of Cheraw and are available through the Town Clerk's Office at (843) 537-8400. Any person that may be soliciting at your residence or who may wish to provide a service for a fee should be properly licensed by the Town.

A Change of Use Application must be filed if your business will utilize the same space as a previous business.  For instance, if you move a restuarant into a former retail space, you will need to fill out a Change of Use Application.  This is to ensure that your building will meet the code requirements of your new business.

If you have any questions about whether a company is licensed to operate in the Town of Cheraw call the Town Clerk's office at (843) 537-8400.

Commercial Building Permits

Permits are required for any work on commercial buildings.  Commercial work must be done by a licensed South Carolina Contractor with a valid Town of Cheraw Business License.  

Sign Permits

If your business is going to have a sign then you will need to complete a sign permit application.  These can be found in the document center below.

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category

Commercial Licenses and Permits12 documents

  • Authorization Letter
    document Header Authorization Letter
    A signed authorization letter is required when a contractor is doing work on behalf of a property owner
  • Board of Architectural Review Application
    document Header Board of Architectural Review Application
    Exterior changes to buildings in the historic district require approval from the Cheraw Board of Architectural Review
  • Building Permit
    document Header Building Permit
    A building permit is required whenever you build, renovate, or alter your property.
  • Change of Use Application
    document Header Change of Use Application
    A change of use application is required when a new business will change the use of an existing building
  • Electrical Permit Application
    document Header Electrical Permit Application
    An electrical permit application is required before any electrical work is done
  • Fence Permit Application
    document Header Fence Permit Application
    A fence permit application is required before any fence is erected in the Town of Cheraw
  • Mechanical Permit Application
    document Header Mechanical Permit Application
    A mechanical permit is required before working on any mechanical systems
  • Mobile Food Vendor Permit
    document Header Mobile Food Vendor Permit
    The application for a permit to be a mobile food vendor in the Town of Cheraw
  • Plumbing Permit Application
    document Header Plumbing Permit Application
    A plumbing permit is required when plumbing work is being done on your property.
  • Renewable Energy Systems Permit
    document Header Renewable Energy Systems Permit
    The permit for a renewable energy system.
  • Sign Permit Application
    document Header Sign Permit Application
    A sign permit application is required before any signage is installed in the Town of Cheraw.
  • Water/Sewer Connection Application
    document Header Water/Sewer Connection Application
    This application is to connect to the Town's water and/or sewer system