Main Street Cheraw
The Town of Cheraw joined the National Main Street Program in March 2019 to begin the process of revitalizing downtown Cheraw. While this process is not quick or easy, it is attainable with the strategic application of resources, providing opportunities for community involvement, and connecting potential developers with resources to make their dreams become a reality.
There are a number of incentives available for developers and business owners. New business incentives available from the Town include Façade Grants, Tax Credits for the Rehabilitation of Historic Properties, and technical assistance.
The Main Street 4 Point Approach has been used to help communities across the country since 1983. The Main Focus areas are:
- Design: Downtown needs to be an aesthetically pleasing place. From streetscaping to the appearance of buildings design improvements are a huge part of making people want to be downtown.
- Organization: Downtowns are not built on the backs of one person! Broad based community support and involvement are crucial to the long term growth and development of downtown.
- Promotion: Don’t be negative on Downtown! Talk it up! Focus on the assets we do have in Cheraw. We want to host events that will bring people downtown and show it off to the outside world!
- Economic Vitality: One of the hardest pieces of the puzzles. We are dedicated to creating an environment where small businesses can thrive. We may be a small rural Town, but market data consistently shows that we have big opportunity! Check out our downtown retail snapshot to see what opportunities exist now!
In 2021 the Town of Cheraw completed a Downtown Master Plan, providing a vision to the future of our downtown. You may view it in the document center below.
If you would like more information, interested in volunteering, or interested in starting a business. Please contact Rob Wolfe at email@example.com or by calling 843-537-7283.
As a Main Street America Affiliate™, Main Street Cheraw is part of a national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Plans and Documents1 document
- Downtown Master Plan The 2021 Cheraw Downtown Master Plan