Business Grants and Incentives
The following incentives are in place for any new retail or commercial business:
- Waive any tap fees.
- Building permit fee: 50% would be waived.
- Business license fee: pay 50% fee the first year, 75% the second year, and 100% fee thereafter.
- Hospitality fee: pay 50% fee the first year, 75% the second year, and 100% fee thereafter.
- Local accommodations tax: pay 50% fee the first year, 75% the second year, and 100% fee thereafter.
- Façade grant/building improvement up to $5,000 matching grant.
- Would assist business with state programs such as Abandoned Buildings Act tax credit, Textile Communities Revitalization Act tax credit, and Retail Facilities Act tax credit.
It is the responsibility of the new retail or commercial business to request reimbursement of any incentives due. New retail or commercial businesses will have from July 1st - July 31st to make the reimbursement request or forfeit the incentive due.
Historic Building Maintenance Grant
The Town of Cheraw currently has grants available for the maintenance of historic commercial buildings in the downtown area. Funding is competitive and limited. For a full list of eligible expenses, deadlines, and rules please download an application by clicking here.
Facade Grant Program
To help maintain the appearnce of the Town's commercial buildings, the Town offers facade grants of up to $1,000.00. These grants are issued on a first come, first serve basis and require a 50% match. Eligible expenses include new signage, painting, and repair work. For an application please click here.
For more information please contact Town Hall at 843-537-8400.
The Bailey Bill is a tax incentive program to encourage the rehabilitation of historic buildings by freezing the assesed value of the property for ten years. The tax incentive is obtained by investing a minimum amount into the rehabilitation of a historic building. The process for obtaining the tax incentive is involved but not difficult. For more information please call Rob Wolfe at 843-537-7283 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.